Wednesday 12 August 2015

Crochet: Cosy Blanket

This beautiful and easy blanket is from one of my favourite blogs: Attic 24! I have seen so many versions of this blanket and have done three myself now (all in different colour pallets and styles!) and had to share my latest one, which I made for a friend's baby girl!


Here is the link to the pattern here. 
I love the subtle but dainty detail and the rich colours. I edged it simply in two rows of single crochets- I wanted to accentuate the light turquoise colour. 


This project ended up being approx 1m by 80cm, and I felt was a lovely size for a pram blanket. I used a 4.0mm hook. The colours/ yarn I chose was all 8 ply worsted weight yarn from various sources: 
Light turquoise
Teal
Emerald green
Sea green
Meadow green
Golden yellow
Tangerine orange
Fuchsia 
Hot pink
Candy pink
Deep violet
Lilac 
Mulberry



I suggest everyone tries this gorgeous pattern in your lifetime as it grows quickly and you can enjoy your colour choosing rather than focussing on nitty gritty patterns. Especially if you like to half watch old movies and tv shows from the 90s as you crochet.

I adore striped patterns, as you don't have the fiddley joining! 

Happy hooking, 
Rhonie



No comments:

Post a Comment