Friday 7 August 2015

Crochet Love: Happy Sunburst Lapghan


Happy Sunburst Lapghan is a project I created for myself as a treat for having my second baby! He was an autumn baby so I knew I'd need something to keep us warm for night feeds : and the Happy Sunburst Lapghan was born! 

I chose my pallet of rich, bright colours (surprise!) and got to work! 

Pattern for Happy Sunburst Lapghan:
I used the basics from Nitty Bits here, which uses chain stitches, half-double crochets, double crochets, puff stitches, and cluster stitches! Once you've got the hang of crocheting, the stitches come easily (not to mention you repeat them a lot so you learn pretty fast!) I will be putting up some video tutorials next week for your viewing pleasure! We are currently away from home visiting the family or I'd do it sooner.

I made 49 squares but added another 7 as it needed a bit more length! Totalled 56 when it was finished. I made each of mine unique but there's no reason why you couldn't choose a simple 3 colour pallet! I would love to see this done in turquoise, teal, and lime green, or pinks and purples! I chose cream to finish it off because it's a little deeper toned to match the rich colours of the Sunbursts.

I joined my squares using the invisible joining technique from Attic 24
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/joining-granny-sqaures.html And it worked out beautifully! Would definitely recommend this pattern for anyone who loves an eclectic look with a happy vibe! 



I'd love to see your Sunbursts! Please share if you've created one! 

Peace,
Rhonie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment